The skin is the largest organ of the human body. It serves to protect us as a barrier from external harmful pathogens, keeps the body at a healthy temperature, and protects us from the sun’s rays. Beautiful, clean, glowing skin can increase confidence and boost your overall morale.
Did you know…?
- The skin can tell a story about what is going on inside of you.
- Are you eating the right foods or are eating foods you may be allergic to?
- Are you applying lotions or using body products with toxic ingredients?
- Are you stressed?
- Are you possibly living in an environment full of toxins and chemicals in the air?
- Inflammation, which is the body’s natural response to being attacked, can present itself in many forms. Skin inflammation, also known as dermatitis, includes eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, and many more.
- Eat a healthy diet, hydrate, and exercise to help heal your skin and create a natural, healthy glow. Eating a balanced diet will allow your body to absorb important vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients your body craves. Foods rich in antioxidants offer protection against free radical damage to prevent disease and infection. A balanced diet made up of mostly plants is the best way to heal and nourish the body.
Add these into your routine for beautiful glowing skin.
❶ Drink more water. Water is the most important thing your body needs in order to survive. Water hydrates your skin, is important for skin metabolism, and helps to flush out toxins to allow for a special healthy glow.
❷ Eat foods high in vitamin E and vitamin C. These foods are rich with antioxidants, but these particularly soothe the skin. Sources high in vitamin E include sunflower seeds, broccoli, almonds, spinach, sweet potato, avocado, and olive oil. Foods rich in vitamin C include oranges, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, grapefruit, red bell peppers, berries, and kale.
❸ Get enough sleep! At least 7-9 hours every night.
❹ Eat 10 Brazil nuts a week. Brazil nuts are a rich source of selenium, a mineral high in antioxidants that helps to protect the skin from free radical damage. Selenium also protects the skin from sun damage.
❺ Eat a cup of organic berries every day. The antioxidants in berries, such as blueberries, protect your skin from premature aging. Put berries in your yogurt, smoothies, salads, or snack bag.
❻ Wild Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids that protect from inflammation and keeps your skin smooth and moisturized. Salmon is a wonderful superfood! Enjoy salmon served over a dark leafy green salad with tomatoes and walnuts and your skin will be glowing!
❼ Exercise!! Muscle weighs more than fat, but fat takes up more space and leads to disease risk, depression, anxiety, and poor self-esteem. Having strong, lean, dense muscle allows you to burn more fat and calories, boosts mood, and increases confidence!
❽ Cut out the sugar! Sugar is the #1 cause for inflammation and leads to nothing good! I promise!